Dr Virag Kushwaha is an interventional cardiologist with special interest in the management of structural heart disease and coronary artery disease. He graduated in medicine and surgery at the University of Sydney in 2005. He completed his postgraduate training in internal medicine and cardiology at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney and the Leeds General Infirmary in the UK.
Dr Kushwaha is a Senior Staff Specialist at the Prince of Wales Hospital and a visiting Medical Officer at the Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Eastern Heart Clinic, Sutherland Heart Clinic and Port Macquarie Base Hospital.
- BSc – Bachelor of Science
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- PhD – Doctor of Philosophy
- FRACP – Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physicians
- Complex coronary intervention
- Chronic total occlusions
- Rotational atherectomy
- Intravascular ultrasound / optical coherence tomography
- Valvular heart disease
- Transcather aortic valve implantation
- PFO and ASD closure
- Aortic and mitral paravalvular leak closures
- Eastern Heart Clinic
- Prince of Wales Public Hospital
- Prince of Wales Private Hospital
- Sutherland Heart Clinic
Hobbies, community involvement and personal interests
Dr Virag Kushwaha has an interest in Indigenous health and runs a cardiovascular clinic in the Aboriginal Health Clinic in La Perouse. He’s also a volunteer with East Timor Hearts Fund, working to support clinics in East Timor and performing structural heart interventions when required.