Mission and charter
To provide best practice in cardiovascular medicine, interventional cardiac studies, patient care, clinical teaching and research.
- To care for the total patient, to communicate effectively with them and their relatives while providing them with best quality and safety in clinical care.
- To involve consumers in the planning and the delivery of services at Eastern Heart Clinic and Sutherland Heart Clinic.
- To implement strategies to improve the cultural awareness and cultural competency to meet the needs of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients.
- To recruit and retain outstanding staff and provide them with an environment in which they thrive and feel rewarded in all sense of the word.
- To ensure that only appropriately skilled doctors are accredited to deliver care within our facility.
- To mentor and train promising cardiology trainees.
- To manage the resources effectively, so that our clinic may prosper and continue to be able to provide cutting edge technology for our patients.
- To provide the most modern equipment which ensures our patients’ safety and efficient and effective diagnosis and treatment.
- To encourage research within our facility which continually challenges our methods ensuring that we are always using the most appropriate and most cost-effective methods of treatment for our patients, including clinical research and outcome studies.
- To think and act strategically about the skill and age mix of our doctors, directors, staff and shareholders so as to best ensure a stronger future and continuity of quality patient care.