Dr Antony Lau is an interventional cardiologist who treats all forms of heart disease, performing complex coronary interventional procedures.
He is a senior staff specialist and interventional cardiologist at the Prince of Wales Hospital. He has visiting rights at Eastern Heart Clinic, Mater and North Shore Private Hospitals, and Northern Beaches Hospital. He is a conjoint senior lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine UNSW.
Dr Lau is a research scholar who’s currently researching the use of new diagnostic tools in coronary artery disease.
- MBBS (Hons) – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- PhD – Doctor of Philosophy (University of Sydney)
- FRACP – Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Physicians
- FCSANZ – Fellow of the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
- FACC – Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- FSCAI – Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- Interventional cardiology
- Angioplasty and stenting
- Cardiac CT
- Eastern Heart Clinic
- Prince of Wales Public Hospital
- Northern Beaches Hospital
- North Shore Private Hospital
- Mater Private Hospital
Hobbies, community involvement and personal interests
Dr Lau is a keen violinist and regularly performs in various orchestras. He is the President of the North Sydney Symphony Orchestra as well as the NSW Youth Orchestra, and he is a committee member of the NSW Doctors Orchestra.
Languages spoken – English, Cantonese and Mandarin